Bargain Basement is a retail establishment run by IOI’s foundation, Yayasan Tan Sri Lee Shin Cheng.
Founder of Bargain Basement, Datin Joanne Wong initiated this charity shop in early 2016 when her house was cluttered with items she was not using. As one who valued her space, she aspired to provide an arrangement for pre-loved items to be resold and converted into money for charitable purposes.
We sell used and new goods donated by members of the public and have given out RM260,400 to 20 various homes since opening in June 2016. Our two branches are currently at IOI City Mall, Putrajaya and IOI Mall, Puchong.
Our proceeds have been given to the well-being of a variety of social causes . The establishments that have received our proceeds to date are:
- Alzheimer’s Disease Foundation Malaysia
- Arrow Harvest PLT
- Autism Café Project
- Dignity for Children Foundation
- Home of Kan Ern
- Lighthouse Children Welfare Home Association
- Lovely Nursing Home
- Mr. Chang Jee Kee
- Persatuan Kebajikan Kanan-Kanak Cornerstone Selangor
- Pertubuhan Anak Yatim Darul Aminan
- Pertubuhan Kebajikan Kanak-Kanak OKU Mesra Petaling Jaya, Selangor
- Pertubuhan Kebajikan Thangam Illam
- Pertubuhan Kristian Aman, Selangor (Rumah Shalom)
- Pusat Jagaan Kanak-Kanak Istimewa Lagenda
- Rumah kanak-kanak Triniti
- Stepping Stones Living Centre Sdn Bhd
- Wisdom Club
- Yayasan Chow Kit
- Yayasan Seribu Harapan Malaysia